Monday, February 12, 2007

POST

In the true spirit of the lazy web, I'll put this out and see if anyone wants to take it up:

I'd like to improve kbugbuster to help with KDE bug triage. One of the main limitations at the moment is that it can only use the email interface to make changes, so that limits the app to closing bugs as FIXED, and very little else. So, what I want is a way to make any type of changes allowed by bugzilla. The only way I could find was to "fake" being a web browser by sending HTTP POSTs. But try as I might, I can't get it to work. Making comments or changes to bugs in the KDE bugzilla just POSTs the form data to the process_bug.cgi script, but whatever I try, I get strange errors from the server.

So, does anyone out there think they can do a better job of this? Ideally, I'd like to have C++ code using the KDE libraries to do this, but any kind of code would be fine - I can probably convert it to C++ if I can see exactly what's needed.

2 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger logixoul said...

What errors do you get?

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Bugzilla has a XML-RPC interface so it should be possible to do many operations through that.

I heard it is badly documentented though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home