Just a quick post to say that the Konqueror bug triage weekend was a huge success. Some highlights:
- Getting the number of unconfirmed konqueror bugs (excluding wishes) down from over 950 to below 800.
- Making konqueror green (ie, more bugs closed than opened) for the last 6 months. Of course, this builds on the great amount of hard work done over the longer term by the konqueror developers and other triagers, but as Adriaan would tell us, it's a nice metric.
- mafitzpatrick's incredible testcase work. I don't know how he does it...
- Kurt Pfeifle getting through all the khtml printing bugs
Of course, they weren't the only people working hard over the weekend - illogic-al, bram85 and logixoul did some great work co-ordinating the whole thing, and many more people checked, confirmed and otherwise triaged a lot of bugs. Thanks to all of them!
And some thoughts I had that we can try out next time:
- Triage newer bugs instead of/as well as older bugs, since they're quite a different kettle of fish - easier in some ways, so nicer for people who haven't done triage before.
- Make lists of bugs in one particular component, to aid in finding duplicates
- Someone suggested we do KOffice next. Perhaps putting it here will help us remember :-)
The main bug weekend is over now, but if you want to get involved and help out with bug triage, just drop by in #kde-bugs on irc.freenode.net sometime.